Concealed Weapon Application / Permit
- Guide for Obtaining a Concealed Weapons Permit in Madison County (PDF)
- Montana Department of Justice Concealed Weapons Information
- Application/Permit (PDF)
- Concealed Weapon Laws - Montana Code Annotated 2015
- CWP Renewal Form
An appointment is required. Please click HERE to schedule an appointment online. If you have any questions on which appointment to schedule, please contact our Detention Office at 406-843-5369.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office has had a major increase in requests for Concealed Weapon Permits (CWP). While we would like to ensure that every qualifying individual obtains a CWP in a reasonable time period, the following procedures could speed up the CWP process.
- State Law requires that any CWP holder provide proof of a firearms training and familiarity course. This would include a Hunter Education certificate, prior Law Enforcement and in many cases, prior military experience.
- If you find that you do not have proof of firearms familiarity training, please contact the Sheriff’s Office Detention staff to obtain information on attending a one day course.
- Duplicate Hunters Ed Cards Can be found on the Fish Wildlife & Parks Website if you cannot find your original.
CONCEALED WEAPON LAWS
LAWS REGARDING THE CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT